Monday, August 10, 2009

Contemplating the importance of CHEESE......


We'll come back soon, you hear!!!!!!

So, the last 24 hours have been filled with all those last minute details - cleaning, giving back things we have borrowed, paying bills, trying to fit in all the little things that we want to take back. Mostly, it all fit but....... there was no space for cheese. Yes, you heard me correctly. Cheese. Why is that important you ask? Well, we have paid over $15 per pound in Guinea, so it is so much cheaper to take it with you.... Tacos and pizza (or at least our versions) are just not the same without cheese. Alas, even with everyone wearing several layers, we were still out of room. But with much cramming and stuffing, tonight we were able to get 10 pounds of cheese in. Whether or not they let us on the plane with the over loaded carry-ons remains to be seen. Last time, they tried to take cheese away from me in Paris - but I am not above pleading with the officials if it calls for that. :^) We will let you know if we make it through - with the cheese intact! Can't wait to set feet on African soil.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine having easy access to affordable cheese! How much I take for granted! Praying that you (and the cheese, of course) arrive safe and sound at your intended destination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met you guys at Taccoa Methodist Church. I have added you to my website. I hope you like it. http://www.squidoo.com/honeybenefits I can make changes to it if you like. If you have any bee harvesting pictures or would like to add something to website send me an email penguinliving@gmail.com You don't have to post this comment I just don't have a way to contact you. If you need help with your blog I can help too! My knowledge is limited anything I can do let me know -L.D. Migneault

    ReplyDelete